Welcome to Newfriars College Transition Information page
Transition Options - Information for parents/carers
Newfriars College is all about preparing our young people for their next steps in life. This all begins as each young person starts their journey with the college. We will work closely with the young person, family and feeder setting so we have the right Pathway and the right offer to prepare each young person to live their best possible adult life.
We know how important it is to support each young person to transition into college. We want each young person to feel as confident and happy about starting college as possible. To support transition we:
- can attend EHCP reviews prior to starting at the college.
- offer visits to the college.
- can visit the young person in their current setting.
- ask families and the feeder setting to share as much information as possible about each young person's adulthood aspirations and goals as well as their interests.
- make sure we understand each young person's individual support needs.
- agree the right Pathway and curriculum offer for each young person.