Additional Support at Newfriars College
Our primary focus at Newfriars College, is to work with our young people to become as independent as possible. To support this journey the College has:
- Our experienced Teaching Assistant Team is in place to:
- Provide additional in-class/group support both on and off College site
- Provide 1-1 and 2-1 support where funded by the Local Authority
- Support access to the community and community based projects including travel training
- Support Work Experience and Work Placements
Personal Care Team
- Meeting the personal care needs of young people
- Supporting your people to develop independence with their personal care as appropriate
- Pool dressers to help young people access the College pool
- Lunchtime support and supporting young people with eating as appropriate.
- College transport team to support journeys to and from College (College Transport).