English, Maths & ICT
English, Maths and ICT
At Newfriars College we offer a breadth of options to meet the different levels of English, Maths and IT skills of our young people. The skills and knowledge each young person needs are different. The aim is to provide each young person with the right skills and knowledge they need for their chosen adult pathway.
The English, Maths and ICT offer at Newfriars College:
- A suite of English, Maths and ICT qualifications from AS to entry level including GCSE English and Maths
- College Step Up English, Maths and ICT programmes tailored to the individual needs of each learners – with a focus on useful, day to day skills and knowledge.
- Embedded into our day to day curriculum
- Preparation for Adulthood focus: real skills developed in real-life ways.
Skills and Knowledge in preparation for adulthood include:
- Reading for information and pleasure
- Day to day writing
- Understanding time
- Using and understanding money
- Budgeting and banking
- Completing forms
- Using ICT to support day to day life
- Using the internet in day to day life
- Basics of ICT
- Being safe online
- English and Maths in the workplace