Therapies Offer at Newfriars College
To support individual needs, our young people have access to an extensive range of therapies and therapeutic care:
Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- College pool and dedicated Physio room.
- Based on individual need, access to personalised hydrotherapy programmes
- College team of trained staff in addition a wide range of external service providers.
- Rebound therapy in our gym.
Communication/Speech and Language
- Based on assessment of need, we facilitate access to the right advice, guidance, technology and support to facilitate communication and develop speech and language.
- Clinical psychologist offering 1-1 interventions
- Wide range of wellbeing support programmes
- Each young person and family has a ‘Key Contact’ member of staff
Music and Art Therapies
- Music Therapy programme (based on individual need)
- Art is used as a basis for a range of programmes supporting young people’s wellbeing, fine motor skills and creativity.
- College Poly-tunnel offering a range of programmes
- Access to community gardens
- Access to outside spaces as part of a sensory programme
- College Nurse/Nursing Team
- Dedicated Care and Welfare Manager
- Team of trained staff to support the day to day needs of young people with medical needs at the College.
- We can administer medicine with signed parental agreement.
- Team of First Aiders